Nobody, well most people, don’t like having their photo taken, it is a common topic that is brought up between my couples during our pre-wedding calls. Posing doesn’t need to be cheesy or unnatural, therefore I have put together this short little blog to put your mind at ease.
First of all, my top tips for couple photos and feeling like a natural in front of the camera:
- Trust me/your photographer and let them direct you
- It’s a chance to have some alone time on your wedding day – embrace it
- It’s okay to be nervous, but I will tell you what to do and will be with you all the way
- Always be touching or ABC! This is soooooo important – you need to connect with each other
- Keep moving, dance, sway be silly – it makes for beautiful natural images
- Don’t look at the camera (unless told!)
- Try and keep hands occupied – in pockets or ideally touching your partner
- Get close, and be in the moment, you have just got married and it is fine to hug, kiss and get close
- Try to forget you are being photographed
- Schedule in your couple shots after dinner when you have had a few drinks
- Do a couple shoot beforehand to learn how it feels to be in front of the camera and work with your photographer
- Have a laugh!
Now you have a feel for what I do, let’s move on to my go-to shots:
Heads together and close eyes
Classic standing together
Close up of details
See there is nothing to be worried about! couple portraits are a great time to spend some quality time with each other and get away from the hustle and bustle of a day, have some fun, and be in the moment. I promise you it will be worth it.